Symmetry Physical Therapy & Scoliosis Care is the first physical therapy clinic in the Pacific Northwest specializing in the conservative treatment of Scoliosis and Hyperkyphosis. Combining the principles of Schroth with informed movement and structural integration creates a healing model unlike any other. Our goal is to educate, facilitate, and train you to move as smoothly and efficiently as possible and enjoy the activities you love.
Gaylin Lucas, MS, PT
“When I’m not hiking, backpacking, gardening, or looking for life’s next adventure, I enjoy sharing good food and wine with family and friends. “
Experience & Education
During my 25 years as a practicing physical therapist, I’ve worked in various settings including a level 1 trauma center providing care to burn survivors and amputees, and in both large and small orthopedic clinics. In 2002, I opened my private practice clinic in Mukilteo. After all this time I feel extremely fortunate to still be loving what I do, helping others be able to do what they enjoy.
My treatment approach is shaped by the practitioners and their therapy approaches that helped me on my own personal health journey and my desire and passion to continually seek and learn new methods.
- B.S. in Biology – LeTourneau University
- Masters of Science Physical Therapy – University of Indianapolis
- Advanced Certification in the Schroth Method through the Barcelona Scoliosis Physical Therapy School (B.S.P.T.S.) completed in 2013
- Two-year Orthopedic Movement Specialist Training with Gordon Browne, PT and Julie Browne, PTA, Guild Certified Feldenkrais Practitioners completed in 2013
- Two year Structural Integration Certification with Tom Myers author of Anatomy Trains completed in 2004
Julia Anderson, MPT
“Outside of work, like many Washingtonians, you might find me at the beach, the woods, or even the desert of Eastern Washington, watching wildlife, waves, sunsets, hiking, or biking. Like you, I want to keep moving as well as I can for as long as possible.”
Experience & Education
As a practicing physical therapist for 30 years, I’ve worked in both hospital and outpatient settings providing wound care, prenatal and postnatal care, and with patients in oncology, bone marrow replacement, and orthopedic and cardiac rehabilitation. I opened my own private practice in 1996, where I continued to learn and develop my skills in sports medicine, and orthopedic injury rehabilitation.
I look forward to learning your stories and struggles, while providing hands-on, personal treatment. I’m passionate about learning and grateful for the experience I’ve accumulated doing what I love, and for the opportunity to offer that to you.
- B.S. in Psychology – University of Washington
- Masters of Physical Therapy – University of Puget Sound
- Three-year Hellerwork Structural Integration Certification completed in 1996
- Two-year Orthopedic Movement Specialist Certification with Gordon Browne PT and Julie Browne PTA, Guild Certified Feldenkrais Practitioners completed in 2013
- C1 certification in the Schroth Method through the Barcelona Scoliosis Physical Therapy School (B.S.P.T.S.)